Use the USB Type-B cable included in the box to connect your Quad Cortex to your computer.
For USB audio operation on Windows® computers, it is necessary to download and install the Quad Cortex ASIO® driver from our website. There is no driver installation necessary for macOS® computers.
- After connecting Quad Cortex to your Mac® computer, you are able to use it as a device for sound input and output.
- Go to "System Preferences", "Sound", and set Quad Cortex to be the Output and Input device.
- Use the Quad Cortex's VOLUME wheel to set your output volume.
- Download the driver installer from our website.
- Run the installer, when it completes, reboot both the computer and Quad Cortex unit.
- Go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Sound, and make sure your Quad Cortex is set as the default device in both Playback and Recording tabs.
- Right-click the Quad Cortex, select Properties > Advanced options, and ensure that the sample rate is set at 48000Hz. Repeat this process for both Playback and Recording tabs.
- The Quad Cortex’s files will be installed by default in the following path location:
C:\Program Files\NeuralDSP\USB Audio Device Driver